Friday 12 October 2012

Men of Faith

Two passages from the Good Book have always given me cause to pause - interesting that they both pertain to family.

The first is Genesis 22 when Abraham is told to sacrifice Isaac his son.  Abraham sets out to obey proving that he would not even with-hold his only son from God.  Isaac is of course spared.  It is nevertheless hard to fathom a father willing to follow through.

The second is from Matthew 10 particularly the following:
37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it."

These verses become even more difficult after becoming an husband and father.  I would jump on a bees nest to keep my girls safe.  I have to remind myself that my faith is in a God that not only loves me but loves each of my girls more completely than I ever could.  My belief that He has a plan and purpose for their life, independent of me, makes the above passages more palatable.  I rest assured in that faith.





No comments:

Post a Comment