Wednesday 27 March 2013

Olden Days

I was cruising around on Youtube when I found this gem. Its about life in the Appalachian mountains in the 1930's. I've always romanticised that part of America and this vintage video just encourages my notions about what life used to be like there. The size of the families there are really quite amazing. I especially like the idea of growing up living and staying in the community you were born in. Three generations and your whole extended family working towards a goal. I know in our society its often, and especially in my case, not attainable (Brantford Ontario doesn't need many consultants, and I sure do like Ottawa).

The video is aptly titled The Children Must Learn. They are as hopeful and concerned about their kids education as we are now.   Enjoy the video!




No comments:

Post a Comment