Monday 29 April 2013

Happy Birthday Evie!!


Well the little lady that started it all turned seven today.  Evie our first born, our first baby is now a big ol' seven year old.  I know it's cliche to mention how fast time goes, but it's so true.  It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was preparing myself to become a father.  I was terrified.  I remember asking Lex, "What if she doesn't like me?  What if I'm just no good at being a dad?"


I remember spending quite a bit of time beside Lex, talking to her bump, telling Evie all about life on the outside.  When Evie was born, the nurses took Evie and almost immediately started doing their assessment while Lex was being tended to.  Evie was crying as they put her under the heating lamp.  I went to her, leaned down close to her, slipped my finger into her hand which she gripped, and spoke gently to her, "It's me, Daddy, the voice.  I'm here..."  She stopped crying.  I don't think I'll ever forget that moment nor how I felt.

Evie's getting big now and truly growing into her own person.  But she still needs me, from time to time, to give her a cuddle and remind her that I'm here for her.  That's something that I hope she never forgets.


Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie!




1 comment:

  1. Evie, you are such a super girl and survived that awful bug with such grace.

    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete