Monday 18 February 2013

Family Day

Well today is Family Day (at least for all of us lucky enough to live and work in Ontario...sorry Quebec). One day a year our government allows us to take time off for no other reason than to spend time with family and relax. Some of you might be saying this is a sign of poor work ethic or ridiculous value displacement for the province, but I disagree. Okay Ontario may not be the sexiest province we have in Canada but gosh darn we like a good day off and we sure love our families.

 I happen to be one of a sparse group of people who actually is very proud to live and be from Ontario, and not just because we make up random holidays for our own good pleasure. I like our diversity our laid back attitude, our humility and mixed embarrassment with pride for Toronto. I just love it all. Of course there are times that I think I would be happier in another part of this great land, like during yet another labour dispute with teachers, or when the government decides to build fake lakes to impress visiting dignitaries, but for the most part, I like it just the way it is.



 So happy family day everyone, even if you are working, and do not have the good fortune to live here in Ontario Canada.




No comments:

Post a Comment