Saturday 3 August 2013

Finally - The New Kitchen

Ah yes - I know you've all been waiting to see the finished product.  I must apologize for keeping you waiting.  It has been a crazy month.  The kitchen renovation took 3 weeks.  The first week I kept you in the loop regarding its progress.  The second week I was kind of living between here and the cottage (where the girls took refuge for the first two weeks of renos) so I didn't have any time to write.  The third week we all got out of Dodge and went to beautiful, balmy Brantford for our holidays.

Upon our arrival back home...this was waiting for us:






Let me tell you my wife was ecstatic when she walked in.  And let me tell you something else, a happy spouse does make for a happy house!!

A big thank you to Blundell Consulting, Inc.  Bill and is crew are amazing.  If you want it done right, if you want the best...then you want Blundell Consulting, Inc.!!  I don't care where you live...England, Germany, Russia, U.S. or Canada, get these guys to come do your project and you won't be sorry.

Another shout out to Beth and Kathleen who pretty much did the initial design for the kitchen.

I never realized what a nervous Nancy I am.  The first day of renos I could hardly sit still in my office for worry about how the kitchen was coming along.  Trusting the house into the hands of others is tough - even when I myself know I couldn't do as fine a job.  It has been continually reaffirmed to me that I need only to listen to my wife's instincts and give her lead when it comes to these sorts of things (Doh!  I can't believe I put that in writing).  She really accelerated our plan to do the kitchen in five years (by about 3 or 4 years), but am I ever glad she did.  It is so nice to be in the kitchen now...it may be my favorite room in the house now...

Now that the kitchen is done, I guess our whole reno schedule will get bumped up.  Which means in a few years we'll finish the basement and install a bathroom down there, then update our existing bathroom and shortly thereafter and add an extension off the back of the house... But that all can wait a good long while, right Lex,,,,?

No comments:

Post a Comment