Sunday 16 June 2013

A Very Merry Fathers' Day


I woke up this morning at 8:00 am  (a whole two and half hours later than when I typically get to sleep in to - even on weekends thanks to my kids) enveloped in a fragrance of freshly baked cinnamon buns and even fresher brewed coffee. My wife brought me up one of each (actually two buns) to enjoy in bed...ahh, a wee slice of heaven. After church our extended family came over for lunch and then the ladies decided to have a ukulele jam session in the living room. 

Tolkien coined the term eucatastrophe - well I'm claiming this week as our family's ukutasrophe.  The sudden turning point in a story or life where ukulele fever takes over ensuring all involved do not meet an end void of music or joy.

Ahh...a ukulele extravaganza brought to us by the very women that have given us reason to celebrate this day as fathers ourselves.  What could be better than that?
  
Bonnie jammin' (the veteran ukulele'er).


Mimi training to be a third generation player.

Crazy for the Ukulele.   

Class in session.

A tender moment.

Captive audience - Chief is -particularly enthralled.


Lost in the beauty of the music.

Proud Papa and Grand Papa

These chicks are serious about their ukes...can you sense the intensity?

The next Uke star

Esther giving Miriam some advice on picking style

One more?  One more!


"Enough Ukulele!  Make it stop...please!"

3 comments:

  1. I love it!!! I love Miriam's final photo.... STOP!!!

    It was wonderful to have you all to enjoy Father's Day with, I feel very blessed for the godly men in our lives. What a wonderful father we were blessed with in this life - Thanks for everything Dad.

    Love - Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. In these times, to see and hear such a super family is heaven in deed!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like it was a lot of fun, I'll have to learn mandolin or fill in with the stand up bass. anyways you all look great with your ukes

    ReplyDelete