Sunday 20 January 2013

Happy 1st Birthday Miriam!!

Where does the time go?  A year ago at this time, my wife and I were asleep (sort of) in a hospital room, recuperating from the exciting early morning arrival of Miriam Sirpa Bonnie Gideon - the newest addition to our ever expanding (ever expanding?  Well that's to be determined) family.  I remember it was a cold, clear morning when we drove to the hospital.  Forty minutes after arriving at the hospital, Mimi was in my arms.  Amazing!! 

Lex was superb through the labour - her poise and focus were unbelievable.  Jill, our doula, was incredible.  She pretty much did everything the doctor and nurses were supposed to be doing but did it with such care and gentleness as is possible in such times.  In fact, Mimi came so quickly our doctor missed the delivery.  So it was up to Jill and a resident...thank goodness for Jill.


While we normally would have placed Mimi immediately on Lex, it wasn't possible in this instance and so Mimi was swaddled and handed to me.  Filled with joy and love (and relief) I gazed down at my beautiful new daughter, cuddled her close and whispered sweet greetings to her.

It's hard to believe that was a whole year ago.  It has been a wonderful year for our family and it definitely would not have been complete without our little Mimi.











Happy Birthday Sweetie!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment