Wednesday 2 January 2013

Back to the Grind

Well the holidays, or at least my holidays, are over and its back to work. I must say that this years Christmas was really special. Our youngest ones first Christmas. Our first Christmas at a new church where we got to sit in the candlelight and feel that we belong and are no longer visitors. Our first Christmas being a family of five. Very special indeed.

Alas it couldn't go on forever and we must get on with the routines of life, like work, school, cleaning showering, not eating candy for breakfast, you know all those annoying things we must do. This time of year often feels like there is nothing much coming up. Nothing really to look forward to. In fact there is a much higher death rate just after January 1st, maybe because all those lovely people just hanging on so they can have  one more Christmas have made it in the clear.

I have to remind myself that there is indeed good things to come. Despite the meter of snow outside, spring isn't thaaaat far off, there's the super bowl, snow forts, hot chocolate, skating, and a huge batch of beer in my basement waiting to be bottled and then ingested. I have another year to enjoy my life with all its blessings.

My resolutions are not that astounding this year, its mainly to maintain my life as it is now. I want to not gain 50 pounds, not lose 50. And I hope my family continues to grow in love and faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment