Thursday 28 November 2013

I know I know I don't Blog anymore,,,

OK so this here blog has been a bit underused the last few months. I don't really have any specific reasons for this. I just don't seem to have a whole late to say lately. Perhaps I'm suffering from some writers block, who knows.

Some things that do make me want to write are of course the advent season we are about to enter. I love Christmas time. Even non Christians love Christmas for some reason; and don't give me that "its a holiday for everyone" stuff. Its not. It's a Christian holiday; partake if you want but don't pretend that its some new secular thing that everyone can do with out it having religious significance. It's Chirstmas,,,,come on people get with the program.

We also got out first big snowstorm here in Ottawa yesterday and the girls got their first snow day of the year. Hopefully the first of many more snow days to come. We have a never ending rack of drying mittens over every heater in our house right now, which I'm thinking must be obstructing the heat in some way. Oh well, must have dry mittens. Our children are amazing at completely engrossing themselves  in their snowy adventures. They come in an hour after we send them outside completely soaked and caked in snow up to their eyeballs usually to get either a fresh pair of mittens or a cup of hot chocolate.

With the snow came the first round of our endless driveway shovelling chore for the winter. What an ab workout that is. You snow blower owners are really missing out on some free workouts. Although I would guess that by spring I will still not be showing any signs of actual ab muscles on the surface. But they'll be there, just a couple inches down under a layer of insulation.

If you want my thoughts on Black Friday you can read them here. I feel the same way about the whole thing as last year.

That's it for now everyone. Happy Holidays!  



Welcome to Siberia,,,I mean Ottawa. 


 



1 comment:

  1. That looks really nice. The kids must love it. But dad and mom must shovel. Have fun

    ReplyDelete