Friday 20 September 2013

Well I guess I'm 34

Last week was my birthday. I am now officially in what I would categorise as "mid thirties". Unlike being in you're mid twenties this stage of life seems to be marked mostly by mild physical problems like having sore knees. Despite the annoyances of ageing I am feeling very blessed this birthday. Our lives are falling into a nice fall rhythm and everyone is doing well. Life is good. With the recent bus tragedy in Ottawa it is easy to appreciate the fragility and fleeting nature of life, and how amazing it is to actually be alive and healthy. 

We are all anxiously awaiting new life this weekend, as my sister and brother in law are about to have their first child. I will be blessed with another wonderful niece or nephew (I'm thinking niece but I have no scientific proof for this). I am praying for a safe and easy delivery and that both Mom and Dad keep their strength up and find time to rest in the next few restless days of waiting. 

Happy weekending everyone!




1 comment:

  1. Happy B-Day Brother...life is indeed good, I pray for many more great b-Days for you.

    J

    ReplyDelete