Monday 8 July 2013

Out With the Old

Yesterday.
 This Monday set into motion the first of a few planned renovations to our house (dependent on how long we stay in this house) - the kitchen.  We live in one of those cute little war veteran houses built about 60 years ago or so.  While I often declare with pride that they are deceptively larger than they look, this statement does not apply to the kitchen.  Somehow it looks bigger than it actually feels...and it looks tiny to begin with.  It was a stretch having two people actually working in the kitchen at the same time.  You want to take something out of the oven while the dishwasher is being loaded or emptied?  Forget about it!  Whatever was in the oven - let it burn!!  There is no way the dishwasher and oven can be open at the same time - it was physically impossible apart from some quantum physics that may allow for two objects to occupy the same space-time simultaneously.  I just noticed my tenses are all over the place when writing about the kitchen.  To be honest I've always struggled to write in a constant tense, but in this case it's because the kitchen was just torn out today so I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that my kitchen presently resembles a room in a abandoned, derelict house.  

Let me show you.

Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment